Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Today I was inspired by one of the tutorials I've seen called "The Ring" which teaches you how to build a silver ring in After Effects with a particle wipe and use valueAtTime expression to automate it over time. But instead of that I decided to use an Ellipse effect to create a thick purple ring. Once that was done I added a strong glow to it to enhance the ring, also against a black background. Following these steps, I added a strobe light effect and set it to be very random. Basically the whole thing looks like one seizure right now but I'm planning on adding more next day. Before I completed all that, I added some text into my swirl project and put a Twirl Effect on it which makes it look a lot more loopy which is what I was going for. Overall it was interesting to explore some of the other effects on my own and not just follow what a tutorial tells me to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment